Statewide Contractor Reporting System
Contractors must submit monthly sales reports to the CPA by using their MyCPA login to access the online reporting system in the CMBL/HUB area.
All term and TXMAS contractors must report offline sales (defined as orders not received from TxSmartBuy), or confirm that there were no offline sales for the reporting period. Reporting is due by the 10th calendar day each month for the previous month.
New System Rollout - August 2010
In order to improve the current user experience and streamline reporting and TxSmartBuy fee invoicing, a new system is being built to accommodate contractor sales reporting. This system will replace the existing system. Contractors will continue to log in through MyCPA to access the application, and reporting will be performed with an Excel template that is similar to the current one.
The new system offers a number of significant improvements and benefits, including:
- All contractors now will only need to report sales made outside of TxSmartBuy.
- TXMAS contractors will no longer report their online sales.
- No more CSV flat files are needed—you will be able to load your Excel spreadsheets directly into the new application.
- The Excel sales report files will be validated to show specific problems; if you have a reporting error, you will know exactly where to go and how to fix it.
- Online reports will be available to contractors to show previously reported offline sales amounts, online sales (including TxSmartBuy POs and dollar amounts), TXMAS rebates owed for online and offline sales, and TxSmartBuy administrative fees owed.
Entry of July Purchase Orders
The new system will be live on August 9th 2010. All POs with order dates beginning July 1, 2010 and on will be reported in the new system. You will be granted an additional week to complete your July sales reporting requirement in the new system, so July sales should be reported to the state by August 17.