IMPORTANT: Requirements to Renew Your Manufacturer's Permit
Your Texas Renewal Application for Cigarette, Cigar, and Tobacco Products Manufacturer's Permit is enclosed. In order to renew your permit, you must:
- be current in all taxes collected by the Comptroller's office;
- be current in all cigarette and/or tobacco related reporting requirements;
- submit your most current published list prices regarding your products;
- submit your permit renewal fee; and
- sign and return the application packet.
Operating without a valid permit is subject to a penalty of not more than $2000 for each violation. A separate offense is committed each day of which a violation occurs.
All manufacturers selling cigarette and/or tobacco related products to a permit holder in Texas must submit to the Comptroller's office, on or before the last day of each month, all sales in Texas and a current product price list for the previous month.