- 111.104 Refunds
- 111.1042 Tax Refund: Informal Review
- 111.105 Tax Refund: Hearing
- 111.107 When Refund or Credit is Permitted
- 111.108 Recovery of Refund or Credit
- 111.109 Tax Refund for Wages Paid to Employee Receiving Aid to Families with Dependent Children
- 3.430 Records Required, Information Required
- 3.443 Diesel Fuel Tax Exemption for Water, Fuel Ethanol, Biodiesel, and Biodiesel Mixtures
- 3.228 Payment of Tax, Penalty and Interest, Refunds (Date of Death on or after September 1, 1983)
- 3.75 Refunds, Payments Under Protest, Payment Instruments and Dishonored Payments
- 3.339 Statute of Limitations
- 3.302 Accounting Methods, Bad Debt Deductions, Repossessions, Interest on Sales Tax, and Trade-Ins
- 3.282 Auditing Taxpayer Records
International Fuel Tax Agreement (IFTA) Refunds and Credits
Credits with amounts greater than the $14.99 will be automatically refunded.
Anything under that amount, the taxpayer will need to request a refund from the Comptroller. If a refund is not requested then all credits (at any amount) will remain open for 8 quarters and can be applied to other IFTA report periods that may have a liability.
Taxpayers must provide the following information when requesting a refund of taxes paid in error directly from the Comptroller's office:
- Original or amended Texas International Fuel Tax Agreement (IFTA) Report, form 56-101 and IFTA Fuel Tax Report Supplement, form 56-102;
- the amount of refund requested;
- Power of Attorney (01-137) or other written authorization, if being represented by an authorized agent.
Send tax refund requests to:Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts
111 E. 17th Street
Austin, TX 78774-0100
For refund information related to IFTA, please call 1-800-531-5441, ext. 3-3678.