Franchise Tax Refunds
All taxpayers must provide the following information when requesting a refund of taxes paid in error directly from the Comptroller's office:
- Amended report. Write "AMENDED REFUND" at the top of each page if amendment results in an overpayment. Write "AMENDED RAR REFUND" if the amendment is an overpayment due to a Revenue Agent Report adjustment.
- signed letter stating fully and in detail the reason for the amended return;
- taxpayer name and number;
- Power of Attorney (01-137) or other written authorization, if being represented by an authorized agent.
- Final RAR date, if applicable; and
- Date of claim must be postmarked within the statute of limitations.
Send franchise tax amended reports to:Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts
111 E. 17th Street
Austin, TX 78774-0100
For refund information related to Franchise Tax, please call (800) 531-5441, ext. 3-4559.