- 171.501 Refund For Job Creation In Enterprise Zone
- 111.104 Refunds
- 111.1042 Tax Refund: Informal Review
- 111.105 Tax Refund: Hearing
- 111.107 When Refund or Credit is Permitted
- 111.108 Recovery of Refund or Credit
- 111.109 Tax Refund for Wages Paid to Employee Receiving Aid to Families with Dependent Children
- 3.228 Payment of Tax, Penalty and Interest, Refunds (Date of Death on or after September 1, 1983)
- 3.75 Refunds, Payments Under Protest, Payment Instruments and Dishonored Payments
- 3.339 Statute of Limitations
- 3.302 Accounting Methods, Bad Debt Deductions, Repossessions, Interest on Sales Tax, and Trade-Ins
- 3.282 Auditing Taxpayer Records
Franchise Tax Refunds
All taxpayers must provide the following information when requesting a refund of taxes paid in error directly from the Comptroller's office:
- Amended report. Write "AMENDED REFUND" at the top of each page if amendment results in an overpayment. Write "AMENDED RAR REFUND" if the amendment is an overpayment due to a Revenue Agent Report adjustment.
- signed letter stating fully and in detail the reason for the amended return;
- taxpayer name and number;
- Power of Attorney (01-137) or other written authorization, if being represented by an authorized agent.
- Final RAR date, if applicable; and
- Date of claim must be postmarked within the statute of limitations.
Send franchise tax amended reports to:Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts
111 E. 17th Street
Austin, TX 78774-0100
For refund information related to Franchise Tax, please call (800) 531-5441, ext. 3-4559.