|57-200||Texas Claim for Refund of Boat and Boat Motor Tax|
Boat and Boat Motor Tax Refunds
All taxpayers must provide the following information when requesting a refund of taxes paid in error directly from the Comptroller's office:
- signed letter stating fully and in detail the reason for the refund claim;
- the amount of refund requested;
- date when the tax was erroneously paid (begin and end date of the period);
- copy of the invoice(s);
- taxpayer name and number; and
- Power of Attorney (01-137) or other written authorization, if being represented by an authorized agent.
Send tax refund requests to:Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts
111 E. 17th Street
Austin, TX 78774-0100
For refund information about Boat and Boat Motor taxes, call us at (800) 531-5441, ext. 3-4545.