- 111.104 Refunds
- 111.1042 Tax Refund: Informal Review
- 111.105 Tax Refund: Hearing
- 111.107 When Refund or Credit is Permitted
- 111.108 Recovery of Refund or Credit
- 111.109 Tax Refund for Wages Paid to Employee Receiving Aid to Families with Dependent Children
- 3.228 Payment of Tax, Penalty and Interest, Refunds (Date of Death on or after September 1, 1983)
- 3.75 Refunds, Payments Under Protest, Payment Instruments and Dishonored Payments
- 3.339 Statute of Limitations
- 3.302 Accounting Methods, Bad Debt Deductions, Repossessions, Interest on Sales Tax, and Trade-Ins
- 3.282 Auditing Taxpayer Records
Automotive Oil Sales Fee Refunds
All taxpayers must provide the following information when requesting a refund of taxes/fees paid in error directly from the Comptroller's office:
- signed letter stating fully and in detail the reason for the refund claim;
- the amount of refund requested;
- date when the tax was erroneously paid (begin and end date of the period)
- copy of the invoice(s);
- taxpayer name and number; and
- Power of Attorney (01-137) (PDF, 14KB) or other written authorization, if being represented by an authorized agent.
Note: The statute of limitations for refund requests is four years.
Send tax refund requests to:Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts
111 E. 17th Street
Austin, TX 78774-0100
Taxpayers that pay the automotive oil sales fee may elect to request a refund directly from the Comptroller's office. See Rule 3.701 relating to the automotive oil sales fee.
For refund information for the Automotive Oil Sales Fee, call (800) 531-5441, ext. 3-4545.