Coin-Operated Amusement Machines Tax Refunds
All taxpayers must provide the following information when requesting a refund of taxes paid in error directly from the Comptroller's office:
- signed letter stating fully and in detail the reason for the refund claim;
- the amount of refund requested;
- taxpayer name and number; and
- Power of Attorney (01-137) or other written authorization, if being represented by an authorized agent.
- Requests must meet the refund requirements found in Rule 3.611, regarding refund on licenses, registration certificate and occupation tax permits.
Send tax refund requests to:Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts
111 E. 17th Street
Austin, TX 78774-0100
For refund information for Coin-Operated Amusement Machines Tax, please call (800) 531-5441, ext. 3-3731.