- 76th Texas Legislature Passes 64 Property Tax and Related Bills
- Rylander Reports
- Comptroller to Allocate Railroad Rolling Stock
- 1999 Comptroller's Truth-in-Taxation/New Legislation Seminars
- 13th Annual Legal Seminar on Property Taxes Announced
13th Annual Legal Seminar on Property Taxes Announced
New property tax legislation and court decisions will be two topics at the 13th Annual Legal Seminar on Ad Valorem Taxation September 1-3 at the San Antonio Hyatt Regency on the Riverwalk. Other topics include the Open Meetings Act, the Public Records Act, cross examination of an expert witness, bankruptcy, and discovery rules.
The legal relationships and responsibility between county appraisal districts and their taxing units will be another seminar topic. Appraisal-related topics include the impact of Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice (USPAP) on leased fees and encumbrances, wildlife management appraisal, and internet research in property prospective. Seminar speakers will be attorneys from major Texas law firms and other professionals in the property tax field.
The seminar is jointly sponsored by the State Bar of Texas Committee on Ad Valorem Taxation and the Real Estate Center at Texas A&M University. The following groups are being asked to grant education credit for attending:
- State Bar of Texas (MCLE),
- Texas Board of Legal Specialization (CLE),
- Texas Real Estate Commission (MCE),
- Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation,
- Board of Tax Professional Examiners,
- Institute of Property Taxation,
- State Board of Public Accountancy,
- American Society of Appraisers,
- American Society of Farm Managers and Rural Appraisers,
- Texas Appraiser Licensing and Certification Board, and
- Texas A&M University.
The seminar costs $260 for those who pre-register and $285 for those registering at the door. A reception will be held on the evening of September 1, and the seminar program begins on September 2 and concludes at noon on September 3. The seminar is limited to the first 450 participants, so early registration is encouraged.
For more information, contact Margaret Benedict, Real Estate Center, at 409/845-9691. XXX