2002 Truth-in-Taxation SeminarsComptroller's PTD Sets June Seminar Schedule
During June, the Comptroller’s Property Tax Division (PTD) will conduct 18 regional seminars to explain the laws that taxing units must follow when adopting their 2002 property tax rates.
The PTD staff will explain how to calculate the effective and rollback tax rates, what to publish and when to call a tax rate rollback election. The staff will include any law changes required in adopting tax rates for 2002.
These seminars will be of interest to elected and appointed officials, tax assessor-collectors, business officers, chief appraisers and taxpayers.
Individuals may receive continuing education units (CEUs) from the Board of Tax Professional Examiners (BTPE), from the Board of Certified Public Accountants and the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation (TDLR). School board members may receive CEU credit toward their standards for duties as school board members.
The regional seminars are free of charge, and pre-registration is not required. Each seminar begins at 9 a.m. and ends about noon. The seminar dates and locations are listed below.
The Comptroller thanks local officials in these regions for their help with meeting room space. For any questions about the seminars or locations, call the PTD’s Technical Assistance hotline at 1-800-252-9121, option 2. In Austin, call 512/305-9999.
2002 Comptroller’s Truth in Taxation Seminars
* in conjunction with the Tax Assessor-Collectors Association of Texas Annual Conference
Date City Location Contact Phone June 4 Amarillo Region XVI Education Service Center,
New Facility – Lecture Hall
5800 Bell Street
(806) 376-5521 June 5 Lubbock Ed Irons Junior High School Auditorium
5214 79th Street
(806) 766-2044 June 5 El Paso Region XIX Education Service Center
6611 Boeing Drive
(915) 780-5006 June 6 Abilene Taylor County Courthouse, New Jury Room
300 Oak Street
(915) 674-1235 June 7 San Angelo Region XV Education Service Center
612 South Irene
(915) 658-6571 June 10 Austin Region XIII Education Service Center, Room H
5701 Springdale Road
(512) 919-5456 June 11 Longview Pine Tree ISD, Theater Center
1007 W. Fairmont
(903) 759-3611 June 12 Denton Billy Ryan High School
5101 E McKinney
(940) 349-3505 June 13 Ft. Worth * Green Oaks Hotel, Ballroom Level 2
6901 West Freeway
(915) 835-7771 June 14 Waco Waco ISD Conference Center/Board Room
115 S. 5th Street
(Parking Garage Across from Conference Center,
Garage Entrance at 4th Street, Level III)
(254) 755-9440 June 18 Corpus Christi Region II Education Service Center
209 North Water Street
(361) 561-8562 June 19 Harlingen Casa del Sol
221 E. Madison
(956) 399-9322 June 20 Laredo Texas A&M International University,
Student Center Auditorium, Room 236
5201 University Boulevard
(956) 718-4091 June 21 San Antonio Region XX Education Service Center
1314 Hines Avenue
(210) 370-5232 June 25 Conroe Montgomery College, Bldg B, Room B-102
3200 College Park Drive
(936) 756-3354 June 26 Beaumont Southeast Texas Regional Airport
6000 Airline Drive
(409) 835-8516 June 27 League City Clear Creek ISD, Board Room
2425 E Main Street
(281) 338-5833 June 28 Victoria Patti Dodson Facility, Classrooms A & B
2805 N. Navarro