Table of Contents
Article III. Legislative Department.
- Sec. 20. Collectors of Taxes; Persons Entrusted with Public Money; Ineligibility
- Sec. 48-e. Emergency Services Districts
- Sec. 48-f. Jail Districts
- Sec. 52. Counties, Cities or Other Political Corporations or Subdivisions; Lending Credit; Grants; Bonds
- Sec. 52-a. Loan or Grant of Public Money for Economic Development
- Sec. 52d. County or Road District Tax for Road Purposes
- Sec. 53. County or Municipal Authorities; Extra Compensation; Unauthorized Claims
- Sec. 55. Release or Extinguishment of Indebtedness to State, County, Subdivision or Municipal
- Sec. 56. Local and Special Laws
- Sec. 60. Workmen's Compensation Insurance for Employees of Counties and Other Political Subdivisions
- Sec. 64. Consolidation of Governmental Offices and Functions
Article VII. Education.
- Sec. 3. Taxes for Benefit of Schools; School Districts
- Sec. 3-b. Independent School Districts and Junior College Districts; Taxes and Bonds; Changes in Boundaries
- Sec. 5. Permanent School Fund; Available School Fund; Use of Funds; Distribution of Available School Fund
- Sec. 6a. County Agricultural or Grazing School Land Subject to Tax
- Sec. 6b. Reduction of County Permanent School Fund; Distribution
- Sec. 16. County Taxation of University Lands
Article VIII. Taxation and Revenue.
- Sec. 1. Equality and Uniformity; Tax in Proportion to Value; Income Tax; Exemption of Certain Tangible Personal Property from Ad Valorem Taxation
- Sec. 1-a. No State Ad Valorem Tax Levy; County Levy for Roads and Flood Control; Tax Donations
- Sec. 1-b. Residence Homestead Exemption
- Sec. 1-d. Assessment of Lands Designated for Agricultural Use
- Sec. 1-d-1. Taxation of Certain Open-Space Land
- Sec. 1-e. Abolition of Ad Valorem Property Taxes
- Sec. 1-f. Cultural, Historical, or Natural History Preservation; Ad Valorem Tax Relief
- Sec. 1-g. Development or Redevelopment of Property; Ad Valorem Tax Relief and Issuance of Bonds and Notes
- Sec. 1-h. Validation of Assessment Ratio
- Sec. 1-i. Mobile Marine Drilling Equipment; Ad Valorem Tax Relief
- Sec. 1-j. Certain Tangible Personal Property Exempt from Ad Valorem Taxation
- Sec. 1-k. Nonprofit Corporations Supplying Water or Providing Wastewater Services; Exemption of Property from Ad Valorem Taxation.
- Sec. 1-l. Property Used for Control of Air, Water or Land Pollution; Exemption of Property from Ad Valorem Taxation
- Sec. 1-m. Property on Which Water Conservation Initiative Has Been Implemented; Exemption from Ad Valorem Taxation
- Sec. 1-n. Authorization to Exempt from Ad Valorem Taxation Raw Cocoa and Green Coffee
- Sec. 1-n. Authorization to Exempt from Ad Valorem Taxation Tangible Personal Property
- Sec. 2. Occupation Taxes; Equality and Uniformity; Exemptions from Taxation
- Sec. 3. General Laws; Public Purposes
- Sec. 4. Surrender or Suspension of Taxing Power
- Sec. 8. Railroad Companies; Assessment and Collection of Taxes
- Sec. 9. Maximum State Tax; County, City and Town Levies; County Funds; Local Road Laws
- Sec. 10. Release from Payment of Taxes
- Sec. 11. Place of Assessment; Value of Property not Rendered by Owner
- Sec. 13. Sales of Land and Other Property for Taxes; Redemption
- Sec. 14. Assessor and Collector of Taxes
- Sec. 15. Lien of Assessment; Seizure and Sale of Property
- Sec. 17. Specification of Subjects not Limitation of Legislature's Power
- Sec. 18. Equalization of Valuations; Single Appraisal
- Sec. 19. Farm Products, Livestock, Poultry, and Family Supplies; Exemption
- Sec. 19a. Implements of Husbandry; Exemption
- Sec. 20. Fair Cash Market Value not to be Exceeded; Discounts for Advance Payment
- Sec. 21. Increase in Total Property Taxes; Notice and Hearing; Calculation
- Sec. 23. Appraisal of Property; Enforcement of Standards
- Sec. 24. Personal Income Tax; Dedication of Proceeds
Article IX. Counties.
- Sec. 4. County-Wide Hospital Districts
- Sec. 5. City of Amarillo; Wichita County; Jefferson County; Creation of Hospital Districts
- Sec. 7. Hidalgo County; Hospital District; Creation; Tax Rate
- Sec. 8. County Commissioners Precinct No. 4 of Comanche County; Hospital District; Creation; Tax Rate
- Sec. 9. Hospital Districts; Creation, Operation, Powers, Duties and Dissolution.
- Sec. 9A. Hospital Districts; Regulation of Health Care Services.
- Sec. 9B. Hospital Districts in Counties with Population of 75,000 or Less
- Sec. 11. Hospital Districts; Ochiltree, Castro, Hansford and Hopkins Counties; Creation; Taxes
- Sec. 12. Airport Authorities
- Sec. 13. Participation of Municipalities and Other Political Subdivisions in Establishment of Mental Health, Mental Retardation or Public Health Services
- Sec. 14. County Poor House and Farm
Article XI. Municipal Corporations.
- Sec. 4. Cities and Towns with Population of 5,000 or Less; Chartered by General Law; Taxes; Fines, Forfeitures and Penalties
- Sec. 5. Cities of 5,000 or More Population; Adoption or Amendment of Charters; Taxes; Debt Restrictions.
- Sec. 7. Counties and Cities on Gulf of Mexico; Tax for Sea Walls, Breakwaters and Sanitation; Bonds; Condemnation of Right of Way
- Sec. 9. Property Exempt from Forced Sale and from Taxation