Franchise Tax WebFile
First-Time eSystems User?
What you can do in WebFile:
You can use WebFile to file extensions, reports and make payments. You may also use WebFile to request Certificates of Accounts Status to terminate and Tax Clearance Letters to reinstate.
What you can NOT do in WebFile:
- File an amended franchise tax report. You can download the form for amending a franchise tax report, or learn more about filing an amended report to request a refund.
- File an individual form, such as an affiliate schedule or credit schedule, in response to a billing or courtesy notice.
- File a final franchise tax report, unless the account is closed or you contact the Franchise Tax Section at 1-800-531-5441, ext. 34402 or 512-463-4402.
Avoid Penalties & Fees:
- Returns must be filed before midnight on the due date to be considered timely.
See all due dates.
- Reports due on or after Oct. 1, 2011 will be assessed a $50 late filing penalty on every report filed after the due date.
- TEXNET Payments: Bank processing timelines require payments to be submitted before 6 p.m. on the last banking business day before the due date.
View TEXNET payment deadline schedule (PDF, 23KB)
File Early & Schedule Later Payment
Did you know you can file your return early and schedule your electronic check (WebEFT) payment for a later date by changing the payment effective date?
Once logged in to WebFile, electronic payment options include:
- WebEFT (Electronic Check)
- Credit Cards — American Express, Discover and MasterCard
(incurs a non-refundable processing fee)