Franchise Tax WebFile
First-Time eSystems User?
What you can do in WebFile:
You can use WebFile to electronically request an extension, submit your franchise tax reports (long form, EZ Computation, No Tax Due, individual forms such as affiliate and/or make a franchise tax payment.
Note: If you owe penalty and interest, you need to manually calculate the amount and enter it before submitting.
What you can NOT do in WebFile:
- File an amended franchise tax report. You can download the form for amending a franchise tax report, or learn more about filing an amended report to request a refund.
- File an individual form, such as an affiliate schedule or credit schedule, in response to a billing or courtesy notice.
- File a final franchise tax report, unless the entity has ended its tax responsibility with the Comptroller's office and/or ended the registration with the Texas Secretary of State's office. If you are attempting to close this entity and get tax clearance, you must complete form 05-359 along with any outstanding tax returns and mail them to our office.
Avoid Penalties & Fees:
- Returns must be filed before midnight on the due date to be considered timely.
See all due dates.
- Reports due on or after Oct. 1, 2011 will be assessed a $50 late filing penalty on every report filed after the due date.
- TEXNET Payments: Bank processing timelines require payments to be submitted before 6 p.m. on the last banking business day before the due date.
View TEXNET payment deadline schedule (PDF, 23KB)
File Early & Schedule Later Payment
Did you know you can file your return early and schedule your electronic check (WebEFT) payment for a later date by changing the payment effective date?
Once logged in to WebFile, electronic payment options include:
- WebEFT (Electronic Check)
- Credit Cards — American Express, Discover and MasterCard
(incurs a non-refundable processing fee)