EDI for Natural Gas and Crude Oil
Save time and money by using Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) to file your tax information. EDI is a fast and efficient standard for communicating business data electronically.
The Comptroller's office provides software to monthly taxpayers for filing Natural Gas and Crude Oil Severance tax electronically.
What the Software Does
The program enables you to enter your tax data and create a file in approved EDI format. The software cannot be used to print out returns and mail them to us in lieu of the preprinted form.
Requirements for using version 4.1
- Minimum system requirements:
- 166Mhz PC
- Windows NT, XP, 2000 and 2003
- 32 MB RAM
- 20 MB of hard drive space
- Internet access
To file a return using this software you must complete the testing process and receive approval from this office to file electronically.
Downloading and Installing
- Important Notice: Users Should Save a Copy of Their Databases Prior to Upgrading EDI Software
- For Version 4.0, Petro40.db is located in C:\ProgramData\TexasCPA\Petro40
- For Version 3.1 or 3.0, Petro30.db is located in C:\Petro30
- Download the free software (29.6 MB) to your Desktop or a folder of your choice. This download is the complete application. Quit all Windows applications before installing the software.
- Once the download is complete, go to the Desktop or open the folder in which you saved the software and double click on the petrofullV41.exe file to install the software.
- Follow the screen prompts until the installation is complete.
Entering Data and Filing Your Tax
The Natural Gas and Crude Oil Quick Reference Guide (PDF, 1.13MB) contains complete instructions.
The software includes a help system that works best with Internet Explorer 4.0 or greater. You can download the latest version of Internet Explorer from Microsoft's website.
Transmit your completed EDI file to the Comptroller via the Web.
For More Information
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or
Call us at 1-800-531-5441, ext. 3-3630 or
Fax us at 1-512-475-0397 or
Mail your request toAccount Maintenance Division, Electronic Reporting
P.O. Box 13528
Austin, Texas 78711-3528