Important Things To Know
For the latest information regarding mail safety and security, please visit the following Web sites: www.usps.com and www.gsa.gov/mailpolicy .
- Why is this Guidebook important?
- State agencies spend over $60 million in postage annually. This Guidebook provides agencies important mail related information and references to ensure postage dollars are spent wisely.
- Have a question about a state mail related project?Contact the SSSD State Mail Office for assistance.
- The State will save money by using State contracts for mail services and equipment .
- There are many mail related laws . Familiarize yourself with these laws and how they can effect and help you.
- Who is responsible for ensuring mail is processed in the most efficient and cost effective manner?See Outgoing Mail Recommendations .
- Mail Messenger Service transports over 1 million pieces of Interagency Mail annually.
- Postage shouldnot be applied to Interagency Mail.
- The Interagency Mail List includes the locations served by Mail Messenger.
- Take advantage of the many resources available to state agencies. Free training , consultation services, state contracts for services and equipment.