Texas Works: Training and Education for All Texans
Enrollment (Fiscal 2007)
- Total Enrollment:
- African American:
- Native American:
* Percentage of annual unduplicated enrollment. Out-of-state and continuing education students not included.
** Full-time enrollment of students seeking college credit.
Contact InformationDr. Gregory S. Powell, President 1109 W. Panola St. Carthage, Texas 75633 (903) 693-2022 http://www.panola.edu
Tuition, Rate Per Semester Credit Hour
Resident of District Tuition & Fee Rate: $54.00
Nonresident Tuition & Fee Rate: $83.00
Panola College offers a variety of career programs that lead directly to the job market. Popular technical programs include:
- The Associate Degree Nursing program, which prepares students to take the NCLEX-RN exam that leads to the Registered Nurse license.
- The Licensed Vocation Nursing program, which prepares students to be licensed as Vocational Nurses after passing the NCLEX-PN exam.
- The Occupational Therapy Assisting program, which prepares students to take the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy.
- Computer Information Systems and Office Systems Technology (Legal) certificates and degrees, which prepare students to work in offices and in computer positions in the workplace.
- The Petroleum Technology program, which provides both certificates and an Associate of Applied Science degree, preparing students for jobs in the oil and gas industry.
- Cosmetology, a one-year certificate program that prepares students to take the examination administered by the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation. After passing the test, students are qualified to work in the beauty care industry.
Degrees and Certificates Awarded, fiscal 2007
Total does not include an advanced technology certificate program that comprises 16 to 50 semester credit hours and requires students to have an associate or bachelor’s degree or to be a junior in a bachelor’s degree program.
|Academic Students||Percentage of Academic Students||Technical Students||Percentage of Technical Students|
|Employed and Enrolled (in Senior Institutions)||58||38.4%||2||1.3%|
|Enrolled Only (in Senior Institutions)||30||19.9%||0||0.0%|
|Enrolled Only (in Community Colleges)||3||2.0%||5||3.1%|