Texas Works: Training and Education for All Texans
Enrollment (Fiscal 2007)
- Total Enrollment:
- African American:
- Native American:
* Percentage of annual unduplicated enrollment. Out-of-state and continuing education students not included.
** Full-time enrollment of students seeking college credit.
Contact InformationDr. Steven W. Jones, President P.O. Box 447 Amarillo, Texas 79178 (806) 371-5123 http://www.actx.edu
Tuition, Rate Per Semester Credit Hour
Resident of District Tuition & Fee Rate: $58.75
Nonresident Tuition & Fee Rate: $75.75
Amarillo College (AC) offers 157 degree and certificate programs including both university transfer and career and technical education programs. AC currently has the state’s largest enrollment in continuing education work force offerings.
University Transfer: Amarillo College offers 48 associate degree programs leading to transfer. Each of these programs requires a 42-hour core of coursework that can be transferred to any other Texas public institution to meet the requirements of the first two years of a bachelor’s degree. AC’s university transfer programs include education, engineering, mathematics, business, mass communications and a variety of fine and liberal arts programs. AC offers six of the 10 Field of Study programs approved by the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board.
Career and Technical Education Programs: AC’s programs include:
- manufacturing, including aerospace engineering and manufacturing (in partnership with Bell-Textron Helicopter), robotics, non-destructive testing and electronics technology;
- information technology, including computer information systems and graphic arts;
- health care, including nursing and 13 allied health programs including nuclear medicine, occupational therapy, physical therapy, dental hygiene and radiography; and
- transportation, including professional truck driving and automotive, diesel and aviation maintenance.
Total Degrees and Certificates Awarded, fiscal 2007
Total does not include an advanced technology certificate program that comprises 16 to 50 semester credit hours and requires students to have an associate or bachelor’s degree or to be a junior in a bachelor’s degree program.
|Academic Students||Percentage of Academic Students||Technical Students||Percentage of Technical Students|
|Employed and Enrolled (in Senior Institutions)||172||46.0%||24||2.9%|
|Enrolled Only (in Senior Institutions)||42||11.2%||5||0.6%|
|Enrolled Only (in Community Colleges)||12||3.2%||19||2.3%|