Texas Energy Consumption, 2004
Exhibit 17 shows energy consumed by source in Texas in 2004.
- Petroleum: 5,801.3 trillion BTUs
- Natural Gas: 3,941.2 trillion BTUs
- Coal: 1,626.0 trillion BTUs
- Nuclear: 421.6 trillion BTUs
- Biomass: 75.3 trillion BTUs
- Interstate Flow of Electricity: 60.7 trillion BTUs
- Other: 45.2 trillion BTUs
Note: Biomass includes wood and waste. Other includes hydroelectric, geothermal, wind, photovoltaic, solar thermal energy and net imports of electricity.
Source: Energy Information Administration