State Court Costs and Fees for Municipal Courts
Effective On or After January 1, 2002
|OFFENSE||STATE COURT COST|
|All Class C Misdemeanors||$39.25|
- Mandatory State Court Costs:
- The amounts collected from this chart should be entered on the report form under Section 1, line 6.
- Additional State Court Costs should be collected when they apply and should be reported separately on the report form under Section 2:
- Line 1: Arrest Fees - report 20% of arrest fees and warrant fees when performed by state law enforcement officers.
Line 2: Time Payment Fee - report 50% of the $25 fee from defendant who pays any part of a court cost, fine, or restitution on or after the 31st day after judgment is entered.
Line 3: Failure to Appear - if city is contracted with Texas Department of Public Safety, $30 for each violation of a traffic law for which defendant failed to appear, or offenses under Penal Code, Sec. 38.10, or Transportation Code, Sec. 543.009(b) or 543.107(b), or any other offense under jurisdiction of municipal court under art. 4.11 or 4.14, Code of Crim. Proc. Two-thirds ($20) is to be remitted to the state.
Line 4: Motor Carrier Weight Violations - 50% of fine assessed on convictions for offenses involving vehicle with gross weight more than 5,000 pounds over vehicle's allowable gross weight, if offense occurs more than 20 miles from an international border.
- Local Court Costs may also apply, including, but not limited to:
- Child Safety Fund: $20 per conviction under Education Code, Sec. 25.093 (thwarting compulsory attendance) or Sec. 25.094 (failure to attend school).
Cities over 400,000 population may also impose $25 per conviction under Transportation Code, Subtitle C, Title 7, if offense occurs in a school zone, and $25 per conviction under Transportation Code, Sec. 545.066 (passing school bus).
Cities may also impose costs on parking violations. See Code of Crim. Proc. Article 102.014.
Jury Fee: $3 for jury trial upon conviction, or upon withdrawal of request and defendant is convicted or case is deferred.
Municipal Court Technology Fund: $4 per misdemeanor, if municipality has passed an ordinance imposing the cost.
Municipal Court Building Security Fund: $3 per misdemeanor, if municipality has passed an ordinance imposing the cost.
Traffic Cost: $3 per misdemeanor under Transportation Code, Subtitle C, including parking and pedestrian offenses.