Natural Economic Assets
– The Value of State Parks –
Expenditures of Out-of-State Visitors to Texas State Parks
The total estimated expenditures of out-of-state visitors to Texas state parks in 2008 was $283.5 million dollars.
- 26.4% of the total was spent on private auto expenses
- 21.6% was spent on groceries
- 16.5% was spent on food and beverages
- 11.6% was spent on retail shopping.
- 10.4% was spent on lodging.
- 9.2% was spent on recreational equipment.
- 4.3% was spent on other expenses.
Texas A&M University and Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts.