- Texas Water Development Board (TWDB) —
2012 State Water Plan
TWDB is the state’s water supply and infrastructure planning agency, responsible for updating the State Water Plan every five years.
- National Weather Service — Climate Prediction Center
This site provides rolling three-month projections on temperature and precipitation throughout the U.S.
- NOAA — La Niña Resource Page
This website provides scientific data and weather outlooks on the La Niña weather pattern that is controlling Texas’s recent drought-plagued climate.
- Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ)
As the agency responsible for the health of Texas’ public water systems, air and soil, TCEQ is the best source for state environmental information.
- TCEQ — Water Rights Database
TCEQ maintains this downloadable Excel database of all permittees of state-owned surface waters, arranged by name, location, permitted amount and date of issuance.
- National Drought Mitigation Center
The National Drought Mitigation Center, headquartered within the University of Nebraska at Lincoln, publishes weekly maps of drought conditions throughout the U.S.