- Browser Requirements for Viewing Reports
- Ways to Use Reports
- Report and Printing Tips
- Glossary of Terms
- Additional Help and Contacts
- Report/Data Disclaimers
Browser Requirements for Viewing Reports
The search tools are best viewed in one of the following browser types. Older and newer versions of these browsers may also be used but may affect the reliability of certain functions.
PC Users: Internet Explorer 6.0 SP1, Internet Explorer 6.0 SP2, Internet Explorer 7.0, Firefox 1.0.4 (1)
Mac Users: Firefox 1.0.4 (1) and above
- Pop-up Details:
If your browser software is set to block pop-ups, you will need to turn this feature off to view a report. Please access your browser's help information to turn off the pop-up blocker. On Windows machines, the report criteria screens may open up behind your current browser window, so check your taskbar for an additional window.
- To use PDF documents, you must have the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Ways to Use Reports
NEW! Money Awarded By Category: The information reflected in this view includes amounts awarded to state agencies from the federal government and sorted into ten spending categories (education, energy, environment, health and human services, housing and community development, labor, other, public safety, research and transportation). The awarded amounts do not include the pass-through activity between state agencies, as described above. Therefore, the totals reflected in this view represent the total funds awarded, to date, for the state of Texas by the federal government. This is a cumulative report updated on a monthly basis.
Summary of Funds Received: The information reflected in this view relates to federal revenues received, to date, by the respective state agency. Pass-through activity between state agencies is not reflected in this information. Pass-through activity includes inter-agency agreements to receive and disburse funds according to state and federal requirements. This is a cumulative report updated on a monthly basis.
By State Agency: The information reflected in this view includes amounts allocated or requested, awarded, received, obligated and disbursed by the respective state agency. Pass-through activity between state agencies is reflected in this information. Pass-through activity includes inter-agency agreements to receive and disburse funds according to state and federal requirements. This is a cumulative report updated on a monthly basis.
By Federal Agency: The information reflected in this view includes amounts allocated or requested by state agencies, and also amounts awarded to state agencies from the federal government. The allocated or requested amount and the awarded amount do not include the pass-through activity between state agencies, as described above. Therefore, the totals reflected in this view represent the total funds and the total funds awarded, to date, for the state of Texas by the federal government. This is a cumulative report updated on a monthly basis.
Disbursement Information: The information reflected in this view lists transactions made in the state Treasury by state agency by disbursement category and include the payee's name, disbursement description, transaction date, and disbursement amount. Transfers in and out of the Federal American Recovery and Reinvestment fund 0369 are included in the transaction detail. Disbursement activity conducted outside of the state Treasury is not included. This is a cumulative report updated on a daily basis.
Report and Printing Tips
- Viewing a Report
- Getting to the Details (for State, Federal Agency and Disbursement Information Reports)
- Viewing Search Results with Multiple Pages
- How to Download and Print Reports
Viewing a Report
To get started, click on one of the four Stimulus Tracking report options. Results will then display in a table with the current page number listed above the data (Figure 1).
Figure 1 – View of "Summary of Funds Received" Report
Getting to the Details (for State, Federal Agency and Disbursement Information Reports)
For reports "By State Agency" and "By Federal Agency", click "View Details" (Figure 2.1) to see more specific data for each program or agency.
Figure 2.1 – Screenshots of Stimulus Tracking Reports, By State Agency
For "Disbursement Information" reports, click any underlined "Disbursed Amount" value (Figure 2.2) to see a lower level of detail.
Figure 2.2 – Screenshots of Stimulus Tracking Reports, Disbursement Information
Viewing Search Results with Multiple Pages
If more than one page of results is showing, you can scroll through the pages by using the left and right arrow buttons in the toolbar's middle section at the top of the report (Figure 3).
Figure 3 – Toolbar
How to Download and Print Reports (Saving and Printing Results via a Spreadsheet or PDF)
To download the results of a query, select Document in the toolbar at the top of the report to access the drop-down menu. Choose Save to my computer as and then select from the available options (Figure 4). You can then open the file to print.
Figure 4 - Download Options
Internet Explorer Users: Certain security settings for Microsoft Internet Explorer may prevent you from saving PDF and Excel files. To enable saving files:
- In your browser menu bar, select Tools, then Internet Options.
- Select the Security tab.
- Select the Web content zone noted on the lower right corner of your Internet Explorer browser.
- Select Custom Level. The Security Settings dialog box will open.
- Scroll down to Downloads and enable Automatic prompting for file downloads.
- Press OK to close the Security Settings dialog box.
- Press OK to close the Internet Options dialog box.
Glossary of Terms
- Allocated or Requested Amount - The total ARRA funding amount expected to be allocated or requested by the agency. Within the State Agency Summary view, the amount includes pass-through allocations or requests between state agencies and allocations or requests from the federal government.
- Awarded Amount - The total program-to-date funding amount officially awarded to the agency. Within the State Agency Summary view, the amount includes inter-agency awards between state agencies and awards from the federal government.
- Disbursement Amount - The amount disbursed or transferred between funds or state agencies.
- Disbursement Categories - Distinct categories of disbursements that are grouped by type of expenditure to provide summary information.
- Disbursement Description - Disbursement description of the transaction to give more detail as to the item being purchased or funds being transferred.
- CFDA Number - The five-digit Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) number assigned to the federal program.
- Estimated Funds Expended Amount as of 08/31 - The estimated program-to-date ARRA funds expended by the agency as of August 31 of the current fiscal year. This includes cash and accrued expenditures over the life of the award. The State of Texas fiscal year is from September 1 through August 31.
- Federal Allocated or Requested Amount - The total ARRA funding amount expected to be allocated or requested by the agency. Within the Federal Agency Summary view, the amount only includes allocations or requests from the federal government.
- Federal Award Amount - The total program-to-date funding amount officially awarded to the state agency by the federal government.
- Federal Program - The federal program from which the state agency has received or requested to receive ARRA funding. This is the title of the CFDA number.
- For Additional Information, Visit - The state agency Website or page address (URL) that provides additional ARRA information, if available.
- Funds Remaining to be Received - Calculated amount of the difference between the Awarded Amount less the Stimulus Funds Received amounts.
- Grant Number - The grant identification number or characters that uniquely identify the ARRA funding for grant tracking purposes. This number is assigned by the state agency for internal use.
- Grant Type - The grant type category classifies ARRA funding received or requested by the agency as: competitive - awarded; competitive - applied for; entitlement; formula; pass-through - state agency; pass-through - non-state entity; or other.
- Issuing Federal Agency - The federal agency responsible for allocating the ARRA funding to the state agency. This is the primary federal agency and not offices or lower-level granting entities.
- Payee Name - The name of the organization or vendor that received a disbursement or transfer.
- Project Description - A brief narrative on the overall purpose and expected outputs and outcomes or results of the award. For an award that funds multiple projects, the purpose and outcomes or results may be stated in broad terms.
- Receiving State Agency - The state agency allocated or requesting ARRA funding.
- Stimulus Funds Disbursed - Indicates the amount expended and transferred to other state agencies.
- Stimulus Funds Disbursed: Expenditures - The actual program-to-date ARRA funds expended by the state agency on a cash-basis. Pass-through amounts to other state agencies are not included in this field.
- Stimulus Funds Disbursed: State Agency Transfers - Indicates the amount disbursed to another state agency. On the Grant Detail view, the state agency receiving the funding is also identified.
- Stimulus Funds Received: Federal Sources - The actual program-to-date ARRA funds received directly from the federal government or from a non-state entity by the state agency on a cash-basis. Pass-through amounts from other state agencies are not included in this field.
- Stimulus Funds Received: State Agency Transfers - Indicates the amount received from another state agency. On the Grant Detail view, the state agency providing the funding is also identified.
- Stimulus Funds Obligated - The actual program-to-date ARRA funds obligated by the agency. This represents a binding agreement that will result in outlays, immediately or in the future. The amount includes payments already made and future anticipated payments.
- State Agency Transfer Award Amount - The total program-to-date funding amount officially awarded to the agency via a pass-through agreement from another state agency.
- Transaction Date - The calendar date that a transaction was processed in the Uniform Statewide Accounting System.
Additional Help and Contacts
- If you have questions concerning a state agency's specific ARRA activity, you may contact the submitting state agency's open records department to seek additional information.
- If you have general questions concerning Texas Stimulus Tracking, you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To report system errors or technical issues, please email the Comptroller Help Desk at email@example.com.
- State agencies should contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions on data or system use.
Important notes about the data
The Comptroller's office provides this information as a public service, free of charge. Stimulus Tracking data is compiled using information collected from state agencies and public institutions of higher education. Agencies and institutions are expected to provide accurate and complete data to accomplish the accountability and transparency objectives surrounding the ARRA activity; however, the Comptroller's office does not independently verify all the information provided. Users of the information provided are responsible for checking the accuracy, completeness, currency and/or suitability of the information for the user's purpose. Specific questions concerning any of the reported data should be directed to the associated state agency or institution.
Neither the Comptroller, nor the state of Texas, nor any of their agents, employees, or representatives make any warranties, express or implied, concerning the accuracy of such information provided or suitability of such information for a particular purpose. The Comptroller, the state of Texas, and their agents, employees, and representatives shall not be held liable or responsible for and shall be saved and held harmless by the user from and against any and all suits, actions, losses, damages, claims, or liabilities of any character, type, or description, including all expenses of litigation, court costs, and attorney's fees, arising out of or connected with or resulting from any acts or omissions of user or any agent, representative, employee, or subcontractor of user of any such information. The Comptroller, the state of Texas, and their agents, employees and representatives shall have no liability whatsoever in connection with the use of any information or data provided to user or any other party.