- Browser Requirements for Viewing Reports
- Search and Printing Tips
- Glossary of Terms
- Report/Data Disclaimers
Browser Requirements for Viewing Reports
The search tools are best viewed in one of the following browser types. Older and newer versions of these browsers may also be used but may affect the reliability of certain functions.
PC Users: Internet Explorer 6.0 SP1, Internet Explorer 6.0 SP2, Internet Explorer 7.0, Firefox 1.0.4 (1) and above
Mac Users: Firefox 1.0.4 (1) and above
- Pop-up Details:
If your browser software is set to block pop-ups, you will need to turn this feature off to view a report. Please access your browser’s help information to turn off the pop-up blocker. On Windows machines, the report criteria screens may open up behind your current browser window, so check your taskbar for an additional window.
- To use PDF documents, you must have the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Search and Printing Tips
Starting a New Search
To get started, select one or more Eligible Entities. Search results will then display in a table with your search options and the current page number listed above the data (Figure 1).
Figure 1 – Search Results for Eligible Entities
Viewing Search Results with Multiple Pages
If more than one page of results is showing, you can scroll through the pages by using the left and right arrow buttons in the toolbar's middle section at the top of the report (Figure 2).
Figure 2 – Toolbar
How to Download and Print Reports (Saving and Printing Results via a Spreadsheet or PDF)
To download the results of a query, select Document in the toolbar at the top of the report to access the drop-down menu. Choose Save to my computer as and then select from the available options (Figure 3). You can then open the file to print.
Figure 3 - Download Options
Internet Explorer Users: Certain security settings for Microsoft Internet Explorer may prevent you from saving PDF and Excel files. To enable saving files:
- In your browser menu bar, select Tools, then Internet Options.
- Select the Security tab.
- Select the Web content zone noted on the lower right corner of your Internet Explorer browser.
- Select Custom Level. The Security Settings dialog box will open.
- Scroll down to Downloads and enable Automatic prompting for file downloads.
- Press OK to close the Security Settings dialog box.
- Press OK to close the Internet Options dialog box.
Glossary of Terms
- Administrator: The state or federal agency that is in charge of administering each funding program. Includes contact information and Web site information for each administering agency.
- Application Deadline: Date by which the administrator must receive applications for each funding program (NOTE: Please contact the program administrator for specific information related to application deadlines).
- Area: Programs are listed in one of ten different program areas: Arts, Business and Economic Development, Education, Health and Human Services, Housing, Natural Resources and Energy, Public Safety and Criminal Justice, Science and Research, Transportation and Work Force.
- Assistance Type: The type of funding opportunity that is available under each program.
- Eligible Entities: The type of entities that are eligible to apply for each funding program.
- Location in ARRA: Explains where in the text of the ARRA legislation the language authorizing each program can be found.
- Program Title: The title of each funding program available under ARRA.
- Source: Describes whether each funding program is administered by a federal or state agency.
- TBD: To be determined (NOTE: Contact the program administrator for specific information related to each funding program).
- Total Available: Total amount of funding available in ARRA under each funding program.
The Comptroller's office has compiled information, links and dollar amounts for potential funding opportunities in the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA). Funding opportunities include competitive grants, grants distributed through preexisting formulas and loan programs. Where possible, we have indicated the amounts available in Texas. Information is subject to change.