Charge Cards - Awarded
Charge Cards Net Rebates on Government Spending
At almost $1 billion in annual volume, the State of Texas Charge Card Program is the largest state contract of its kind in the nation.
Corporate credit cards issued to state employees and State of Texas CO-OP members are used to pay for goods, services and travel expenses.
Since the current Charge Card contract went into effect in February 2011, state and CO-OP users have generated $5.27 million in rebates through January 2012, an increase of 22.9 percent. Leveraging the State’s considerable volume, the Strategic Sourcing Division conducted multiple rounds of negotiations to successfully increase the percentage of charge card expenditures rebated to state and local governments and other CO-OP members.
View Charge Card Details
Charge Card Services - Managed Term Contract 946-M1
The Strategic Sourcing Division contract for charge card services used by all state agencies and universities can benefit local government entities, too. Benefits include:
- a robust online program management system and enhanced reporting capabilities;
- an annual rebate based on every dollar spent;
- no annual fees;
- $50 maximum liability on fraudulent transactions;
- additional travel benefits through MasterCard;
- free training and annual conferences for program administrators; and
- exemptions from 1099 reporting and 3 percent withholding on card purchases.
Read more about the State of Texas Charge Card Program and learn how to participate.