SPD went live with the initial phase of the new CATRAD (Contract Advisory Team Review and Delegation) application to automate the current processes for both major contract solicitation reviews conducted by the Contract Advisory Team (CAT) and agency requests for delegation.
Agencies shall submit reviews to CATRAD that meet the following criteria:
- Any agency major contract solicitation of at least $10 million in value must be submitted to the CAT team for review. See Texas Government Code, Sec. 2262.101. CREATION; DUTIES and Sec. 2262.001(4) DEFINITIONS.
State agencies are
required, under Texas
Government Code, Section 2262.101(d),
- comply with the CAT's recommendations on solicitation and contract documents submitted for mandatory CAT review; or
- submit a written explanation to the CAT regarding why a specific CAT recommendation is not applicable to the contract under review.
Substantial Changes to Solicitations
If the initial major contract solicitation document submitted to the CAT changes substantially, agencies are required to resubmit their solicitation document(s) for CAT review. Changes in the major contract solicitation are considered substantial when:
- the solicitation change caused the estimated value for the original term of the contract, not including renewal periods, to increase by 25 percent or more; or
- there are significant revisions, deletions and/or additions to the specifications, statement of work (SOW), set(s) of deliverables, performance measures, payment methodology, etc.
- Any agency contract solicitation (IFB or RFP) for the purchase of services over $100,000 per year must be submitted to SPD (CATRAD) as a request for delegated purchase authority. See Texas Government Code, Sec. 2156.121(c) USE OF COMPETITIVE SEALED PROPOSALS.
Major Information Resources Projects
The Texas Project Delivery Framework establishes a consistent, statewide method for technology project selection, control, and evaluation based on alignment with business goals and objectives. The TPDF is required for major information resources projects. If necessary, agencies may contact DIR by emailing email@example.com to request consultation on applicability of Framework requirements to a specific major contract. Below are links to information regarding the TPDF and major IR projects.
- The Major Contract Questionnaire (MCQ) has been replaced by an online application to initiate the agency request for a review.
- A tracking mechanism is available for end-users to acquire live status on a particular request.
- The automatic system generation of CAT reviews and delegation reviews replaces the previous manual review response process.
Gaining Access to CATRAD
Prior to your first use of CATRAD, you must gain access rights to the program. To do this, contact one of your agency "Superusers" of the SPD web application portal and request membership into the CATRAD application. For a list of state agency "Superusers", go to: https://portal.cpa.state.tx.us/securitycoordinators.asp. After gaining access, login to the CPA Web Applications Portal and click on "CATRAD - CATRAD Forms" link to start the request submittal process.
The SPD and CAT strive to increase efficiency and add value to business processes through the use of technology. To that end, we encourage you to provide us with comments or suggestions regarding the use of the CATRAD application. Please email us at the address listed below.
For assistance in utilizing the CATRAD application, please contact Lloyd Decker at Lloyd.Decker@cpa.texas.gov or (512) 475-5629.