TPASS went live with the initial phase of the new CATRAD (Contract Advisory Team Review and Delegation) application to automate the current processes for both major contract solicitation reviews conducted by the Contract Advisory Team (CAT) and agency requests for delegation.
Agencies shall submit reviews to CATRAD that meet the following criteria:
- Any agency major contract solicitation over $1 million in value must be submitted to the CAT team for review. See Texas Government Code, Sec. 2262.101. CREATION; DUTIES and Sec. 2262.001(4) DEFINITIONS.
- Any agency contract solicitation (IFB or RFP) for the purchase of services over $100,000 per year must be submitted to TPASS (CATRAD) as a request for delegated purchase authority. See Texas Government Code, Sec. 2156.121(c) USE OF COMPETITIVE SEALED PROPOSALS.
- The Major Contract Questionnaire (MCQ) has been replaced by an online application to initiate the agency request for a review.
- A tracking mechanism is available for end-users to acquire live status on a particular request.
- The automatic system generation of CAT reviews and delegation reviews replaces the previous manual review response process.
Gaining Access to CATRAD
Prior to your first use of CATRAD, you must gain access rights to the program. To do this, contact one of your agency "Superusers" of the TPASS web application portal and request membership into the CATRAD application. For a list of state agency "Superusers", go to: https://portal.cpa.state.tx.us/securitycoordinators.asp. After gaining access, login to the CPA Web Applications Portal and click on "CATRAD - CATRAD Forms" link to start the request submittal process.
The TPASS and CAT strive to increase efficiency and add value to business processes through the use of technology. To that end, we encourage you to provide us with comments or suggestions regarding the use of the CATRAD application. Please email us at the address listed below.
For assistance in utilizing the CATRAD application, please contact Mark KasPar at email@example.com or (512) 463-8169.