Contract Advisory Team
Pursuant to Texas Gov't Code §2262.101, the Contract Advisory Team (CAT) is created to assist state agencies in improving contract management practices by:
- Reviewing the solicitation of $10 Million contracts. Contracts defined in Texas Gov't Code §2262.001 as any contract having the monetary value of $10 million dollars must be submitted to CAT for review prior to posting.
- Reviewing any findings or recommendations made by the state auditor, including compliance with the Contract Management Guide (CMG) findings.
- Providing recommendations to TPASS regarding the development and updating of the Contract Management Guide.
- Providing recommendations to TPASS regarding contract manager training.
- Providing recommendations and assistance to state agency personnel on the entire contract management process;
- Coordinates and consults with the Quality Assurance Team (QAT) on all contracts relating to major information resources projects; and
- Performs risk assessments to determine the appropriate level of management and oversight of contracts by state agencies
Texas Gov't Code §2262.102 lists the following members for the CAT:
- one member from the Comptroller of Public Accounts (CPA);
- one member from the Department of Information Resources (DIR);
- one member from the Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC);
- one member from the Office of the Governor;
- one member from the Texas Facilities Commission (TFC);
- one member from a small state agency
The Legislative Budget Board (LBB) and the State Auditor's Office (SAO) serve as technical advisors to the CAT.
Please contact the CAT at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.