Contract Advisory Team
Pursuant to Texas Gov't Code §2262.101, the Contract Advisory Team (CAT) is created to assist state agencies in improving contract management practices by:
- Reviewing the solicitation of major contracts. Major contracts are defined in Texas Gov't Code §2262.001 as any contract having the monetary value of at least one (1) million dollars.
- Reviewing any findings or recommendations made by the state auditor, including compliance with the Contract Management Guide (CMG) findings.
- Providing recommendations to TPASS regarding the development and updating of the Contract Management Guide.
- Providing recommendations to TPASS regarding contract manager training.
Texas Gov't Code §2262.102 lists the following members for the CAT:
- one member from the Office of the Attorney General (OAG)
- one member from the Comptroller of Public Accounts (CPA);
- one member from the Department of Information Resources (DIR);
- one member from the Office of the Governor;
The Legislative Budget Board (LBB) and the State Auditor's Office (SAO) serve as technical advisors to the CAT.
Please contact the CAT at email@example.com with any questions.