Please disseminate the information below to the appropriate staff/individuals.
Texas Procurement and Support Services (TPASS)
Division of the Comptroller of Public Accounts
Fiscal Year 2016 -- Year End Procedures
TPASS Contact for Questions:
Dee Dorsey, Team Lead, Contract Development
Thank you for your continued support as we work through another "year-end" together.
Remember, before requesting a Fiscal year 2016 purchase, state agencies are required to use CPA Term contracts, including TIBH, TCI, TxSmartBuy, and Managed contracts. Also, agencies may be required to use contracts created by the Council on Competitive Government (CCG). These contracts are available at: Texas Procurement and Support Services Statewide Contracts
Additionally, Texas Multiple Award Schedule (TXMAS) contracts are available, as an option. If after searching all TPASS term you find that you cannot use an established TPASS term contract, conduct a search of TXMAS contracts for the product or service required. A comparison should be conducted between the contracts for best value and be based upon the product’s exact functional specifications or service requirements. Purchase Orders against TXMAS Contracts must be entered through the TxSmartBuy on-line ordering system.
The deadline for submitting Open Market Requisitions or the purchases of commodity(s) of $25,000 or more for Fiscal Year 2016, is June 1, 2016 to: email@example.com
Please submit these requisitions and commodity purchases as early as you can as requisitions are prioritized in the order in which they are received.
For Open Market Requisitions, you will have to:
- Online requisition forms: Submit the completed and signed current Open Market requisition which can be accessed through the TPASS web page at: Statewide Procurement Forms Library
- Identify fiscal year: Agency Requisition #: Include the Fiscal Year indicator as “6 or 16” or “7 or 17”
- First come, first served: Requisitions will be prioritized by date of receipt by TPASS
- Accurate and complete: Complete the form accurately and include the estimated total dollar amount and the quantities for a one-time purchase or the estimated annual quantities for addition of commodities to an existing or new TPASS contract.
- Cost estimate: Estimated or benchmarked unit price(s) corresponding to the unit of measure
- Delivery Deadlines include delivery and/or grant deadlines, as applicable
- Specifications: Provide Word documents with detailed specifications and requirements (i.e. insurance, installation) and reference the Agency requisition number on each document.
- Attachments/Exhibits: Provide attachments or exhibits to be included as a part of the solicitation
- Additional Information: Provide copies of quotations, if applicable, that were received for agency estimation and/or research purposes and the manufacturer’s specification documentation.
- Proprietary Justifications: Pursuant to Government Code §2155.067, the justification must be signed by the Executive Director or designee(s) as included in the Agency’s Procurement Plan and submitted with the Requisition.
Fiscal 2017 Deadline for Open Market Requisition, Commodities $25,000 or more, to be effective for delivery and invoicing after September 1, 2016
Requisitions funded by Fiscal 2017 appropriations should include the indicator for the fiscal year as "7 or 17". These requisitions may be submitted to TPASS prior to Sept. 1, 2016. If a contract must be in place not later than Sept. 1, 2016, the Requisition must be documented with that information. Unless noted on the requisition, these will be prioritized for processing after the Fiscal 2016 requisitions.
Fiscal 2016 — TxSmartBuy On-Line Orders
Purchase orders should be processed no later than Wednesday, Aug. 31, 2016 to be considered Fiscal 2016.
Purchase orders processed in TxSmartBuy on Sept. 1, 2016 will be considered Fiscal 2017 procurements. Confirmation orders are not recommended in TxSmartBuy.
Note for Consumables: Purchase orders for consumables should be processed in accordance with the guidance provided in eXpendit State Purchase Policies, Fiscal Matters, Appropriation Year Determination.
Mail Equipment Lease – Contract No. 985-L1 - Fiscal 2017
Lease renewals are required to be processed, through TxSmartBuy, prior to the expiration of the initial or current lease term (which is based upon the initial installation and acceptance) in increments of 24, 36, 48 and 60 months. Lease renewals less than 24 months are required to be processed through TxSmartBuy as a “Quote”.