Please disseminate the information below to the appropriate staff/individuals.
Fiscal Year 2015 -- Year End Procedures
TPASS Contact for Questions:
Dee Dorsey, Team Lead, Contract Development
Thank you for your continued support as we work through another "year-end" together.
Agencies are encouraged to maximize the use of the Council on Competitive Government (CCG) and CPA Term contracts (TIBH, TCI, TxSmartBuy, and Managed).
Texas Multiple Award Schedule (TXMAS) contracts are available, as an option. To purchase outside an established TPASS term contract, conduct a search of all TPASS term and TXMAS contracts for the product or service required. A comparison should be conducted between the contracts for best value and be based upon the product’s exact functional specifications or service requirements. Purchase Orders against TXMAS Contracts must be entered through the TxSmartBuy on-line ordering system.
Fiscal 2015 Deadline for Open Market Requisition, Commodities $25,000 or more
Submit before or by June 15, 2015 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage submission beginning immediately.
Coming Soon: Revised Open Market Requisition – Notification will be released when available
- Submit the completed and signed current Open Market requisition which can be accessed through the TPASS web page at: Statewide Procurement Forms Library
- Agency Requisition #: Include the Fiscal Year indicator as “5 or 15” or “6 or 16”
- Requisitions will be prioritized by date of receipt by TPASS
- Complete the form accurately and include the estimated total dollar amount and the quantities for a one-time purchase or the estimated annual quantities for commodities to be added an existing TPASS contract or for developing a new contract.
- Estimated or benchmarked unit price(s) corresponding to the unit of measure
- Delivery Deadline Dates: Include delivery and/or grant deadlines, as applicable
- Specifications: Provide Word documents with detailed specifications and requirements (i.e. insurance, installation) and reference the Agency requisition number on each document.
- Attachments/Exhibits: Provide attachments or exhibits to be included as a part of the solicitation
- Additional Information: Provide copies of quotations, if applicable, that were received for agency estimation and/or research purposes and the manufacturer’s specification documentation.
- Proprietary Justifications: Pursuant to Government Code §2155.067, the justification must be signed by the Executive Director or designee(s) as included in the Agency’s Procurement Plan and submitted with the Requisition.
Fiscal 2016 Deadline for Open Market Requisition, Commodities $25,000 or more, to be effective for delivery and invoicing after September 1, 2015
Requisitions funded by Fiscal 2016 appropriations should include the indicator for the fiscal year as "6 or 16". These requisitions may be submitted to TPASS any time prior to Sept. 1, 2015. If contract must be in place not later than September 1, 2015, the Requisition must be documented with that information. Unless noted on the requisition, these will be prioritized for processing after the Fiscal 2015 requisitions.
TxSmartBuy On-Line Orders — Fiscal 2015
Purchase orders should be processed no later than Monday, August 31, 2015 to be considered Fiscal 2015. Confirmation orders are not recommended; therefore, Purchase orders processed in TxSmartBuy on September 1, 2015 will be considered Fiscal 2016 procurements.
Note for Consumables: Purchase orders for consumables should be processed in accordance with the guidance provided in eXpendit State Purchase Policies, Fiscal Matters, Appropriation Year Determination.
Mail Equipment Lease – Contract No. 985-L1 - Fiscal 2016
Lease renewals are required to be processed, through TxSmartBuy, prior to the expiration of the initial or current lease term (which is based upon the initial installation and acceptance) in increments of 24, 36, 48 and 60 months. Lease renewals less than 24 months are required to be processed through TxSmartBuy as a “Quote”.
Photocopiers – Lease/Rental Contract No. 985-L2
This contract will expire August 31, 2015. Existing Leases and Rentals can no longer be renewed through this Contract.
The Department of Information Resources (DIR) has contracts available for multi-functional units that provide copier/printer/scanner/fax functionalities.
Photocopier Rental: The term of a rental, for existing photocopiers under this contract, will expire on the date specified on the purchaser order and/or August 31, 2015, whichever comes first. Customers are required to issue a 30 day cancellation notice, prior to August 31, 2015, requesting removal of the unit(s).
Photocopier Lease: The term of the lease, for existing photocopiers under the Contract, will survive the expiration date of the Contract and will continue to operate under the same terms and conditions but can no longer be renewed under this contract.