Texas Specification No. 485-18-02 a
Effective Date: April 3, 1995
Reformatted: November 22, 1995
CLEANER, HEAVY-DUTY , LIQUID, CONCENTRATE
1. SCOPE: This specification establishes requirements for a liquid, anionic and nonionic detergent, heavy-duty cleaner concentrate for use in cleaning hard, smooth surfaces, including stainless steel, plastic, porcelain, glass and ceramic tile.
2. APPLICABLE SPECIFICATIONS AND STANDARDS: References to specifications, standards and test methods shall be to the issues in effect on the date of the Invitation for Bids. Copies of the referenced documents may be obtained from the issuing organizations at the addresses shown. The following documents form a part of this specification to the extent specified herein:
2.1. AMERICAN SOCIETY FOR TESTING AND MATERIALS (ASTM), 1916 Race Street, Philadelphia, PA 19103:
2.1.1.ASTM D 460 - 1991, Method for Sampling and Chemical Analysis of Soaps and Soap Products.
2.1.2. ASTM E 70 - 1990, Test Method for pH of Aqueous Solutions with a Glass Electrode.
2.2. TEXAS SPECIFICATIONS: Texas Procurement and Support Services, P.O.Box 13186, Austin, TX 78711-3047:
2.2.1. Texas Specification No. 180-74-07, Trisodium Phosphate (TSP-A), Anhydrous.
2.2.2.Texas Specification No. 180-84-02A, Sodium Metasilicate, Anhydrous.
2.2.3.Texas Specification No. 180-92-11A, Surfactant, Anionic - Sodium Xylenesulfonate (40% Active).
2.2.4. Texas Specification No. 180-93-02A, Surfactant, Nonionic-Nonylphenoxy (Polyethoxy) Ethanol.
2.2.5.Texas Specification No. 180-93-03A, Surfactant, Nonionic-Linear Primary Alcohol Ethoxylate.
3. CLASSIFICATION: The floor cleaner shall be classified by chemical content.
4. DEFINITIONS: Terminology used in this specification is intended to be generic in nature and consistent with meanings that have been defined through general use and/or accepted trade practices. Where variant meanings may exist, the applicable interpretation shall be determined by the Texas Procurement and Support Services (TPASS).
4.1. COMMISSION: Texas Procurement and Support Services (TPASS).
5. REQUIREMENTS: The liquid cleaner furnished under this specification shall meet or exceed the following requirements:
5.1. GENERAL REQUIREMENTS : The product shall be viscous, translucent, homogeneous, essentially sediment-free, clear liquid. It may be colored with a small amount of soluble dye at the manufacturer's option. It shall show no turbidity or loss of stability with stored at 120 °F for 24 hours.
5.2. CHEMICAL COMPOSITION : The product shall be compounded as shown in Table 1.
|Ingredient||Percent by Weight*||Texas Specification No.|
|Trisodium Phosphate (TSP-A), Anhydrous||5.0 7.0||180-74-07|
|Sodium Metasilicate, Anhydrous||5.0 7.0||180-84-02A|
|Surfactant, Anionic - Sodium Xylenesulfonate (40% Active)||7.0 9.0||180-92-11A|
|Surfactant, Nonionic-Nonylphenoxy (Polyethoxy) Ethanol.||5.0 7.0||180-93-02A|
|Surfactant, Nonionic-Linear Primary Alcohol Ethoxylate.||6.0 7.0||180-93-03A|
*Additional ingredients may include minor amounts of dye, perfumes, and soft water to bring the total of 100 pbw.
5.3. TEST REQUIREMENTS: The product shall conform to the requirements of paragraph 6.1.
6. TESTING: Testing shall be done by, or at the direction of, the Commission and/or the receiving State agency. Tests shall be performed on products from shipments to ordering agencies. In the event products tested fail to meet or exceed al conditions and requirements of this specification, the cost of the samples used and the cost of testing shall be borne by the supplier.
6.1. TESTS: The product furnished under this specification shall be tested by the following methods or approved equally applicable procedures:
6.1.1. Stability: Determine the stability of the product by testing a 100-g sample at 120 °F for 24 hours. At the end f the time, the liquid shall show no evidence of sedimentation or separation of the components. Determine compliance with paragraph 5.1.
6.1.2. Total Solids: Measure by the procedure of ASTM D 460. Solid range shall be 16.0-18.0 pbw.
6.1.3. pH: Measure the pH by ASTM E 70. pH as received shall be 9.5-10.5.
7. SAMPLES: Unless otherwise specified in the Invitation for Bids, no prepurchase samples shall be required. Samples tested shall be taken from regular orders.
8. INSPECTION: Products furnished under this specification shall be inspected by, or at the direction of the Commission and/or the ordering State agency either at the destination or place of manufacture.
9. PACKING / PACKAGING: Packing for shipment shall be in accordance with the manufacturer's standard practice and in a manner readily accepted by common carriers engaged in interstate commerce. Within the shipping carton, units shall be packed in a manner designed to minimize damage during the shipment because of rough or improper handling.
9.1. PACKING: The cleaner concentrate shall be packaged in a transparent pack of 4.0 ounces. The case shall contain four separate packages of 25 packs each for a total of 100 packs.
10. MARKING / LABELING:
10.1. MARKING: Each shipping container shall be clearly marked with:
10.1.1.Name of contents.
10.1.3.Name and address of the manufacturer.
The container or shipping documents shall include:
10.1.4.Order number or contract number.
10.1.5.Name and address of ordering agency.
10.1.6.Agency requisition number.
10.2. LABELING: Each case shall bear a color-coded fixed, durable label containing the name of the product and instructions for use, including required precautionary statements.
11. COMPLIANCE: In order for consideration to be given to the bid on an item under this specification, the bidder must comply with the following:
11.1. PRODUCT IDENTIFICATION: The make, model number, name of the manufacturer, brand or trade name, etc., as applicable, of the item which the vendor proposes to furnish must be state as part of the bid.
11.2. EXCEPTIONS: Notwithstanding the above, any exception taken by the bidder to the requirements and conditions of this specification must be stated and described in detail as a part of the bid. If no exceptions or deviations are identified in this manner, the items must be furnished exactly as described herein.
11.3. PROOF: The bidder shall bear the burden of proof of compliance with this specification.
12. PRODUCT INFORMATION: After dilution with water, per label instructions, the cleaner is formulated to remove dirt from surfaces including stainless steel, woodwork, plastic, porcelain, walls, glass and ceramic tile.
13. ORDERING DATA: When ordering products conforming to this specification the requisitioning agency shall specify the following:
13.1The number of this specification (485-18-02A).
13.2The number of cases required (multiples of 100 packs).
14. AVAILABILITY OF SPECIFICATIONS: Copies of this specification may be obtained by calling or writing:
Texas Procurement and Support Services
Austin, TX 78711-3047
This document was produced using an evaluation version of HTML Transit 2