Standard Procurement or Contract Management Training. CEH’s in this training type cannot exceed 36 CEH’s per certification year.
College courses regarding procurement or contract management
Meetings of Procurement Agencies, Organizations, Committees, or Councils
Training from procurement and/or contract management National Organizations
Specific Procurement or Contract Management related Ethics training
PLEASE NOTE: A good indication that training can be classified as standard procurement or contract management related training is the presence of the words "Procurement“, "Purchasing", “Buying“, “Contracting”, “Negotiating” in the training title. Only 1 “Same Named” class/webinar/video/conference is permitted per certification year. Regardless of your certification type…Standard training can be either procurement or contract management related.
Other sources of procurement training include colleges, universities, state agencies and not-for-profit educational groups such as those listed below.
ISM - Institute of Supply Management
NAEB - National Association of Education Buyers
NCMA - National Contract Management Association
NIGP - National Institute of Government Purchasing
NPI - National Purchasing Institute
In addition to any continuing education courses offered by the SPD, we suggest the following courses. Also see http://esbd.cpa.state.tx.us/cptout/.
- The Public Purchasing Law Seminar and other purchasing courses offered by the LBJ School of Public Affairs. See their Web site at: http://www.utexas.edu/lbj/profdev/.
- All NIGP and local chapter sponsored courses and seminars. Check out the on-line courses on their Web site at: www.nigp.org.
- All ISM (NAPM) and local chapter sponsored courses and seminars. See their Web site at: www.ism.ws/. They have on-line courses too.
- All NCMA sponsored courses and seminars. See their Web site at: http://www.ncmahq.org.
- Purchasing related courses offered by the State Auditor's Office. See their Web site at: www.sao.state.tx.us/apps/iatraining/coursequery.cfm.
- Procurement, Contract Management or Negotiations courses offered by Department of Information Resources. See their Web site at: http://www.dir.state.tx.us/education/index.htm.
- One (1) 3 Semester Hour College level course (16 CEH’s) related to procurement or contract management activities can be used over the 5 year certification period. Academic classes such as:
- Accounting (e.g., general accounting, cost accounting, managerial accounting)
- Communication (e.g., written communication, public speaking, organizational communication)
- Computers (e.g., management information systems, data processing)
- Contracts (e.g., contract administration, contract negotiations, contract management, cost and price analysis)
- Economics (e.g., managerial economics, macroeconomics, microeconomics)
- Ethics (e.g., business ethics)
- Finance (e.g., business finance, governmental finance, financial management)
- Law (e.g., business law, contract law, legal environment of business)
- Management (e.g., organization theory, organ. behavior, public admin., project mgmt., corporate policy)
- Personnel (e.g., personnel management, performance appraisal, employee development)
- Purchasing/Materials Management (e.g., purchasing management, materials management, inventory control)
- Quantitative Methods (e.g., business statistics, quantitative analysis, production operations management)
- Transportation (e.g., physical distribution, traffic management, logistics)