Training Class Descriptions
Contract Management & Source Selection – Three (3) day class (approx. 24 hours)
The art and science of managing a contract after it is awarded, whether federal, state or private in nature, can be a highly complicated endeavor. This class is to help students become more knowledgeable about the State of Texas Contract Management/Source Selection processes and how to effectively manage contracts.
- Preparing for Contract Administration
- Pre-Award Consideration
- Preparing the Proposal
- Planning the Contract
- Negotiation Skills
- Effective Communications
- Control and Monitoring Procedure
- Functional Application
- Problem & Solutions
- Contract Claims and Risk Management
- Contract Reimbursement
- Completing the Contract
Project Management- Two (2) Day Class (approx. 16 hours)
Contract management and project management are inherently intertwined. This class is designed to provide you, as a state contract manager, with a basic understanding and working knowledge of each discipline’s core elements and competencies that are vital to the success of any contract.
- Introduction to Project Management
- Project Initiation
- Project Planning
- Project Execution
- Measuring and Controlling Project Performance
- Project Closeout
Negotiation Techniques-Two (2) Day Class (approx. 16 hrs)
This class is designed to provide an in-depth look at the strategies, tactics, and skills that are effective in contract formation and negotiations.
- Documenting Negotiations
- Developing a Negotiation Strategy
- Characteristics of an Effective Negotiator
- Identifying Negotiation Strengths
- Understanding Your Style of Negotiation
- Negotiation Strategies
- Negotiation Skills
- Influencing the Other Party
- Conducting the Negotiation
- Preparing for Negotiation
Classroom Notes: Please bring a pen and writing tablet to all classes.
*ONLY THOSE WITH A CONFIRMED REGISTRATION WILL BE ADMITTED TO CLASS*
*Classes without a minimum enrollment may be canceled 10 days before the beginning of the course; students will be notified using the email provided during registration.
See you in class!