Statewide Purchasing Operations
The Comptroller's office performs a variety of purchasing operations and customer service core to State of Texas purchasing--ranging from administering the Centralized Master Bidders List to processing hundreds of bid invitations, tabulations and awards for all statewide TxSmartBuy, Managed, TXMAS, and open market contracts.
Daily statewide procurement operations:
- Administering over 200 statewide contracts and procurement schedules representing several thousand line items of products/services;
- Processing open market requisitions (including school buses) on behalf of 221 state agencies and over 1900 CO-OP members;
- Providing information and customer service related to statewide purchasing processes as well as the Centralized Master Bidders List and the State of Texas CO-OP;
- Conducting outreach to vendors, state agencies, and local governments at state trade shows and conferences; and
- Managing the statewide purchasing system, the Electronic State Business Daily and the Purchasing Web Applications portal plus user support for these systems.
Responsibility for drafting, reviewing and updating:
- The State of Texas Procurement Manual
- Texas Specifications Library
- Legislative issues as related to state purchasing
- Texas Administrative Code Chapter 20 and Protest Procedures as related to state purchasing
Liaison to the following:
- Texas Council on Purchasing from People with Disabilities;
- Texas Industries for the Blind and Handicapped;
- Texas Correctional Industries;
- State Agency Committee on Procurement (SACP);
- Vendor Advocacy Committee (VAC); and
- State Agency Coordinating Council (SACC), purchasing sub-committee.
In addition, the state purchasing team compiles monthly workload measures and quarterly performance measures reported to the Legislative Budget Board (LBB) and many other procurement management reports.
For specific questions or support, please access the State Purchasing Staff Directory.