NOTE: The products listed are for use by eligible State of Texas entities ONLY and are not for personal purchase or purchase by commercial entities.
Search for Contracts
Enter keywords or NIGP codes to find state contracts:
Contract Terms and Instructions
985-B2 RENTAL FACSIMILE TRANSCEIVERS (FAX MACHINES)
Start Date: 04/2010
End Date: 08/2013
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS AND CONDITIONS
CONTRACT NO: 985-B2
RENTAL FACSIMILE TRANSCEIVERS (FAX MACHINES)
HOW TO ORDER:
Enter requisition(s) into the TxSmartBuy on-line ordering system. Only purchase orders issued through TxSmartBuy are eligible for contract pricing.
For State Agencies: PCC A
The Contractor agrees not to ship any materials until issuance of a Purchase Order through TxSmartBuy by the State Agency, Higher Education, or Cooperative member.
TERM OF CONTRACT: April 5, 2010 through August 31, 2011
Renewal Term: September 1, 2011 - August 31, 2012
Renewal Term: September 1, 2012 - August 31, 2013
September 1, 2013 – August 31, 2014
September 1, 2014 – August 31, 2015
Canon Solutions America, Inc.: 10 Days ARO
USA Datafax: 5 Days ARO
Inside delivery; installation and training will incur additional one-time charge and this information is available in the TxSmartBuy system.
FEATURES AND CATEGORIES:
FEATURES CATEGORIES 1 2 3 4 5 1 Cut Bond Paper YES YES YES YES YES 2 Maximum Modem Speed 33.6 33.6 33.6 33.6 33.6 3 Auto Doc Feeder 30 50 50 60 70 4 Grey Scale Tones 64 64 256 256 256 5 Paper Capacity (Sheets) 250 500 500 500 1000 6 One-Touch/Speed Dial Numbers 75 75 100 100 100 7 Mem Cap ITU#1 (1) Meg (Pages) 70 120 240 480 720 8 Dual Paper Sources Ltr/leg YES YES YES YES YES 9 Toner Based YES YES YES YES YES 10 Multi/Dual Access YES YES YES YES YES 11 Minimum Original Size 8.5 In. 8.5 In. 8.5 In. 8.5 In. 8.5 In. 12 Dual Lines NO NO NO NO YES 13 Print Speed (PPM) 6 10 12 12 16 14 JBIG Compression Method NO NO NO NO YES 15 Handset YES NO NO NO NO 16 Laser/LED YES YES YES YES YES 17 Battery Backup 30 Min. 1 Hr. 12 Hr. 24 Hr. 48 Hr.
The Facsimile Transceivers on this contract will be delivered with an initial starter kit for 2500 prints; including toner and drum.
Additional supplies should be purchased through TxSmartBuy from CPA Contract No. 600-A2- Facsimile Transceivers (Fax Machines) - Purchase Units
SERVICE AND TECHNICAL SUPPORT:
- Service and Technical Support Contact Information:
Canon Solutions America, Inc. – 800-243-5556
USA Datafax – 800-848-1164
- Telephone assistance; troubleshooting and service calls are available Monday through Friday during normal business hours of 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Service response time for on-site service calls shall not exceed four (4) hours in urban areas and eight (8) hours in rural or remote areas.
- Service for preventative and remedial service is included in the monthly rental rate and includes all parts that cannot be installed by the customer.
- The instructions for the parts that can be installed by the customer is included in the Operator Instruction Manual with each unit.
- Contractor’s technicians are fully trained and qualified to diagnose equipment to isolate problems and minimize downtime of the equipment.
- Contractor(s) will provide preventative service based upon the manufacturer’s recommended schedule and service requirements including lubrication, necessary equipment adjustments and replacement of all unserviceable parts.
- Service and Technical Support Contact Information:
CANCELLATION AND REMOVAL:
The customer is required to send a 30 day cancellation notice in writing to the contractor. The contractor is required to prepare and remove the cancelled units by or before the projected 30 day cancellation date.
The cancellation notice may be processed via e-mail with an attached letter with signature to and must include the TxSmartBuy purchase order number, the serial number(s) and the projected 30 day cancellation date.
Cancellation requests prior to the completion of the full term indicated on the customer's purchase order requires a Purchase Order Change Notice processed through TxSmartBuy reducing the number of months based upon the projected 30 day cancellation date.
SUBSTITUTIONS: During the Contract term, the Contractor shall not substitute a product or brand unless the Contractor has obtained prior written approval from the CPA Contract Manager in coordination with the Customer. The Contractor must have written confirmation from the CPA Contract Manager of the substitution before making delivery.
CPA CONTRACT MANAGEMENT: For a copy of the contract and/or questions regarding contract management issues, price changes, amendments or other post-award concerns should be directed to:
TPASS Contract Management Office (TCMO)
Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts (CPA)
Fax: (512) 936-0040
TPASS CONTACT: Questions concerning technical specifications should be directed to:
Melissa McIlroy, CTPM, CTCM
Texas Procurement and Support Services
Phone: (512) 463-3174
ADDING NEW PRODUCTS TO THE CONTRACT: Following the contract award, additional products of the same general category that could have been encompassed in the award of this contract, and that are not already on the contract, may be added. Customers are encouraged to request additional items by contacting the TPASS contract manager.
The Comptroller of Public Accounts (CPA) administers a vendor performance program for use by all ordering entities per Texas Government Code, Title 10, Subtitle D, Section 2155.077. The Vendor Performance and Debarment Program relies on the ordering entity's participation in gathering information on vendor performance. Ordering Entities shall report vendor performance on purchases over $25,000 from contracts administered by the commission or any other purchase over $25,000 made through delegated authority granted by CPA (TAC 20.108). Agencies are additionally encouraged to report vendor performance on purchases under $25,000.
Vendor Performance shall be reported through the CPA VENDOR PERFORMANCE TRACKING SYSTEM.
The purpose of the Vendor Performance Tracking System is to:
- Identify vendors that have exceptional performance.
- Aid purchasers in making a best value determination based on vendor past performance.
- Protect the state from vendors with unethical business practices.
- Provide performance scores in four measurable categories for the CMBL vendors.
- Track vendor performance for delegated and exempt purchases.