NOTE: The products listed are for use by eligible State of Texas entities ONLY and are not for personal purchase or purchase by commercial entities.
Search for Contracts
Enter keywords or NIGP codes to find state contracts:
Contract Terms and Instructions
Contract 966-M1 Printing, Business Cards, Thermography and Offset
Start Date: 04/2012
End Date: 02/2015
DESCRIPTION OF CONTRACT: TPASS MANAGED CONTRACT NO. 966-M1
Thermography and Offset Printing of Business Cards
State Agencies may use this contract without the need for a waiver from TCI or processing requests through the CCG Print Fulfillment Services process.
IMPORTANT NOTE: For Digital Printing of Business Cards, the CCG Print process must be followed.
HOW TO ORDER:
Customers must issue an internal purchase order and reference CPA Contract No. 966-M1 to be eligible for Contract pricing.
Each Purchase Order should contain the Line Item Description has found on the Contract Pricing Sheet in Section C. Provide with each order the exact information for each name.
For State Agencies: Use Purchase Category Code C
The Contractor agrees not to ship any materials until issuance of a Purchase Order by the State Agency, Higher Education or Cooperative member.
Minimum Order: 250 Business Cards
Delivery: 12 Days ARO
Pricing includes the following and shipping/handling except as noted fuel surcharges and any other related delivery fees:
- Orders totaling $50.00 or more shipped to a single destination
- State seals
- Composition (in English) and typesetting
- One (1) e-mailed or faxed pre-press proof
- Paper stock
- Press work
Freight Charges - Orders $50.00 or Less:
Orders to a single destination totaling less than $50.00 will be shipped prepaid and charges added to invoice as a separate line item per the following:
$4.55 - 1-2 boxes
$5.61 - 3-4 boxes
$6.69 - 5-6 boxes
No Charge for 7+ boxes
Payee ID No.: 18004623007
TL Abbott Investments LLC
DBA Presto Printing
2714 West Avenue
San Antonio, TX 78201
Contact: Vincent Barrera
TERM OF CONTRACT: April 5, 2012 through February 28, 2013Renewal Term: March 1, 2013 through February 28, 2014
Renewal Term: March 1, 2014 through February 28, 2015
3rd Period: March 1, 2015 - February 29, 2016
4th Period: March 1, 2016 - February 28, 2017
- May be printed on one or both sides.
- Normal registration (colors cannot touch and must be 1/16" apart) with one (1) logo or seal.
- Maximum Card Size: 2" x 3-1/2"
- Unit price to include State seal, composition (in English) and typesetting, make-ready, one e-mailed or faxed pre-press proof, paper stock, press work, and packaging.
- Typesetting will not be more than eight (8) lines including the name
- Additional charges will apply for lines exceeding eight (8).
- Special logos and artwork are to be furnished camera-ready by the customer.
- Printing can be in black or colored inks.
- Black and gold are each considered a separate color.
- Over-Runs and Under-Runs: No under-runs allowed. Over-runs will be accepted at no charge.
- All business cards are printed on Recycled Paper.
- Bright White
- Brightness: 90-93
- 80 Lb.
- No. 1
- Uncoated Cover
- It is expressly understood and agreed the business cards produced under this contract will be limited to such printing as is normally manufactured by commercial printing plants.
- This contract does not include tight registration; screens or bleeds.
- A contractor receiving a job they feel should not be produced under this contract may appeal to the CPA TPASS Contract Management Office.
- Typesetting and Proofing:
- There is no required standardization of State business card type or style.
- Various typesetting styles and colors must be accepted.
- Reorders of existing cards: Samples may be sent to the contractor by the customer. The contractor should match the sample as much as possible or make changes as indicated.
- Proofs: Faxed or on-line prepress proof may be requested by the customer prior to printing.
SUBSTITUTIONS: During the Contract term, the Contractor shall not substitute a product or brand unless the Contractor has obtained prior written approval from the CPA Contract Manager in coordination with the Customer. The Contractor must have written confirmation from the CPA Contract Manager of the substitution before making delivery.
CPA CONTRACT MANAGEMENT: Questions regarding contract management issues, price changes, amendments or other post-award concerns should be directed to:
TPASS Contract Management Office (TCMO)
Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts (CPA)
Fax: (512) 936-0040
TPASS CONTACT: Questions concerning technical specifications should be directed to:
Delia Calvo, CTPM, CTCM
Texas Procurement and Support Services
Phone: (512) 463-3506
ADDING NEW PRODUCTS TO THE CONTRACT: Following the contract award, additional products of the same general category that could have been encompassed in the award of this contract, and that are not already on the contract, may be added. Customers are encouraged to request additional items by contacting the TPASS contract manager.
The Comptroller of Public Accounts (CPA) administers a vendor performance program for use by all ordering entities per Texas Government Code, Title 10, Subtitle D, Section 2155.077. The Vendor Performance and Debarment Program relies on the ordering entity's participation in gathering information on vendor performance. Ordering Entities shall report vendor performance on purchases over $25,000 from contracts administered by the commission or any other purchase over $25,000 made through delegated authority granted by CPA (TAC 20.108). Agencies are additionally encouraged to report vendor performance on purchases under $25,000.
Vendor Performance shall be reported through the CPA VENDOR PERFORMANCE TRACKING SYSTEM.
- The purpose of the Vendor Performance Tracking System is to:
- Identify vendors that have exceptional performance.
- Aid purchasers in making a best value determination based on vendor past performance.
- Protect the state from vendors with unethical business practices.
- Provide performance scores in four measurable categories for the CMBL vendors.
- Track vendor performance for delegated and exempt purchases.