Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts

Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts, Glenn Hegar

skip navigation

Ag & Timber PSA#2

Airdate: November 2011

Attention Texas farmers, ranchers and timber producers.

Starting January first the way you claim sales tax exemptions changes under a new state law. You must have an Ag/Timber Number to buy qualifying items such as tractors, fertilizers and fences for your farm or ranch without paying sales tax.

To apply for an Ag/Timber Number from the state Comptroller's office, or to learn more about tax exemptions visit www.getreadytexas.org or call 1-800-252-5555.

Required Plug-ins