Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts

Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts, Glenn Hegar

skip navigation

Ag & Timber PSA#1

Airdate: November 2011

Are you a Texas farmer or rancher selling your products to others? Are you a timber producer?

If the answer is yes then this is for you.

Starting January first you must be registered with the Comptroller's office and have an Ag/Timber Number handy to buy qualifying goods and services tax-free. Otherwise, you'll have to pay sales tax on things like tractors and fertilizer.

To apply for an Ag/Timber Number, visit www.getreadytexas.org or call 1-800-252-5555.

Required Plug-ins