- R.J. DeSilva or Lauren Willis
- 1-800-531-5441 ext. 3-4070
- Email Us
For Immediate Release
October 1, 2012
Comptroller’s Office to Conduct Webinar on Open-Space Land Appraisal
(AUSTIN) – The Comptroller’s office will offer a free webinar on open-space land on Thursday, Oct. 11, 2012. The webinar will provide an overview of the legal requirements for appraising open-space land. Productivity values from open-space land, such as agriculture and timberland, are determined by the appraisal process.
Appraisal district staff, property tax professionals, taxpayers and landowners will find the presentation both informational and useful.
Landowners have specific responsibilities and rights in the appraisal process including:
- Applying for the special appraisals;
- Notifying the Central Appraisal District when land no longer qualifies for special appraisal; and
- Having the right to protest market or productivity value, change of use or non qualification for special appraisal.
Comptroller representatives will be on hand to answer questions and provide assistance to attendees of the webinar, which is from 2 – 3 p.m. To sign up for the free webinar go to http://www.window.state.tx.us/taxinfo/proptax/webinars.html.
Join the discussion and connect with the Texas Comptroller on Facebook for the latest economic news, surveys and more.
Follow us on Twitter! Get quick Comptroller news and information you need to do business in Texas.