The following reports and studies provide a wide array of viewpoints on policies and strategies associated with reducing greenhouse gas emissions.
- Cap and Trade: Greenhouse Gas Regulations and the Impact on Texas
- Renewable Energy Assessment published by the State Energy Conservation Office (SECO) in 2008
- The Energy Report published in 2008 by the Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts,
This report provides an overview of a variety of energy sources that Texas can use to meet its future energy demands, with a fact-based assessment of each. The report frames the critical issues and presents the objective information Texans will need to make informed choices about one of the most important issues facing the state.
Inclusion here does not constitute an endorsement by the Comptroller’s office and we make no representations regarding their content or accuracy. Your use of third-party websites is at your own risk and subject to the terms and conditions of use for such sites.
- Senate Bill 184 history and analysis from the Texas Legislature Online
- SB 184 (PDF, 35.6KB) full text of the bill from the Texas Legislature Online
- “Unlocking Energy Efficiency in the U.S. Economy” by McKinsey & Company
- “Reducing U.S. Greenhouse Gas Emissions: How Much at What Cost?” by McKinsey & Company
- “Opportunities to Reduce Greenhouse Gas Emissions through Materials and Land Management Practices” by the Environmental Protection Agency
Plug-ins [ Acrobat® Reader ]