Taking care of Texans and the business of Texas
Are you a local official?
- We’re committed to partnering with local governments by providing vital management assistance to help streamline operations, improve customer service and ensure compliance with state laws.
- We provide a wealth of online information for local taxing authorities, including local sales and use tax information and tax rate histories for each taxing jurisdiction; answers to frequently asked questions; and historical information on local sales and use tax and mixed beverage tax allocation payments.
- Texas EDGE is our online research service for businesses and local governments to provide analysis and data to inform and spur economic development across Texas.
- Our Property Tax Division (PTD) works to guarantee equality of school funding by maintaining the integrity of local property tax appraisals. We conduct the state’s annual Property Value Study, which is used to ensure and enforce appraisal accuracy. We also offer seminars and presentations on the property tax for appraisal district personnel and taxing authorities.
- The Comptroller’s office administers TexPool, an AAA-rated investment vehicle that provides more than 1,900 local governments across the state with a safe, efficient and liquid investment alternative.
- Our Texas Cooperative Purchasing Program (CO-OP) takes the volume purchasing power of Texas — more than $13 billion in purchased commodities and services in fiscal 2007 — and brings it to more than 1,700 local government members. CO-OP purchasing means you have access to state contracts with no bidding required — just order from more than 200 state contracts. Member governments can purchase copiers, vehicles, road and highway materials and many other products for the same price as state agencies. The Comptroller’s office also offers members onsite training as well as training sessions at various statewide events, conference calls, an online CO-OP manual, online Webinars and more.
- Our State Energy Conservation Office (SECO) provides local governments with free energy assessments, technical support, energy management workshops and low-interest loans that are repaid by the energy savings generated by your project.
Local Government Assistance
To request and access detailed analysis and economic data, go to the Texas EDGE site at www.window.state.tx.us/texasedge.
To learn more about CO-OP Program membership or to fill out a membership application for this purchasing program, go to www.window.state.tx.us/procurement/prog/coop/, or call (512) 463-3368.
Call the Property Tax Assistance Division toll-free at (800) 252-9121 or e-mail email@example.com. Visit our Web site at www.window.state.tx.us/taxinfo/proptax/ for a wide variety of property tax information.
State Energy Conservation Office (SECO)
Call SECO toll-free at (800) 531-5441, ext. 3-1931, or fax (512) 475-2569. Visit SECO’s Web site at www.seco.cpa.state.tx.us.