Taking care of Texans and the business of Texas
But what about the everyday Texan?
How else can we serve you?
- Do you have college-bound kids — and wonder how you’ll cope with the soaring costs of higher education? The Comptroller’s office offers the Texas College Savings Plan, which allows you to accumulate savings and make withdrawals for qualified educational expenses without paying federal income tax on your earnings.
- For a lively, topical look at the Texas economy and government affairs, check out the Comptroller’s free monthly newsletters. Fiscal Notes provides entertaining, informative articles on trends and events affecting the state economy. Texas Innovator examines new breakthroughs in science, government and business. And our newest publication, Texas Rising, covers exciting developments and ideas in the world of local economic development.
- Texans deserve to know how state funds are spent. The Comptroller’s office is committed to helping state agencies provide a new level of transparency and accountability by giving Texans an inside look at state agency expenditures through our Web site - Window on State Government at www.window.state.tx.us.
- Want to find out even more? Our Open Records Division oversees nearly 600,000 written requests for information each year. We can provide information via paper copies or in various electronic formats.
- Forget something? Our Unclaimed Property Division is responsible for reuniting “abandoned” properties with their owners. This can include any type of forgotten financial asset, such as bank accounts, safe deposit box contents, insurance proceeds, utility deposits, uncashed payroll checks, cashier’s checks, stocks and bonds and more. We maintain an online database of abandoned property that can be accessed and searched 24 hours a day, seven days a week. A claim form can be generated online.
- Interested in serving Texas? We can help you jump-start a rewarding career! The Comptroller’s office is an equal opportunity employer with a diverse array of job opportunities to carry out the state’s vital work. Check our Web site to see positions open today.
Texas College Savings Plan
Learn more at www.texascollegesavings.com or call (800) 445-GRAD (800-445-4723).
View State Expenditures
Go to Texas Transparency for an inside look at state spending and how taxpayer dollars are being applied. Find listings of state agency expenditures from broad spending categories down to more detailed expenses.
E-mail requests to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax them to (512) 475-1610.
Visit our Web site at www.window.state.tx.us/up to see if we’re holding money for you! Or call us at (800) 654-3463 or (512) 463-3120. You can also fax us at (888) 908-9991 or (512) 936-6224.
Visit www.window.state.tx.us/careers/ to learn more about openings and how to apply, or call our toll-free job line at (800) 841-5627.