At the Comptroller’s office, we know potential employees are looking for more than just a paycheck. The agency offers a strong benefits package for you and your family. Insurance, retirement plans and a flexible work schedule are just the start.
Securing your Future
- State-paid health and life insurance plans for you;
- Optional dental plan and health insurance for your family members;
- State retirement matching contribution of 6.45 percent of gross salary;
- Optional 401K and 457 Plans;
- Flexible health and dependent day care accounts;
- Optional term life insurance for you and your dependents;
- Short and long term disability insurance for you;
- Voluntary AD&D insurance;
- Employees Retirement System (ERS);
- Long Term Care Insurance;
- Texas Legal Protection Program;
- Longevity Pay; and
- Direct Deposit.
Here’s to your Health
- Paid sick leave accrues from your first day at work;
- Sick Leave Pool for catastrophic illnesses and injuries;
- Family Medical Leave;
- Smoke-free workplace;
- Confidential and personalized Employee Assistance Program services;
- Volunteer Emergency Medical Technicians onsite; and
- Wellness programs and activities such as yoga and walking groups.
Quality of Life
- Employee and family-friendly workplace policies;
- Flexible work schedules;
- Telecommuting options for some positions;
- Paid vacation accrues from your first day worked;
- Active charitable employee associations;
- Free parking; and
- Generous holiday schedule.