The CAPCO Application Process in Texas
Currently the application process for the CAPCO Program is closed. CAPCO Programs are authorized by the state legislature. In 2005, the legislature authorized Program One and in 2007 Program Two was approved. When a Program is authorized, the Comptroller accepts new applications from potential CAPCO's, approves or disapproves each participant then allocates the tax credits. Once the tax credits have been allocated, the Program is no longer available for future participants.
Included below are the instructions and forms for the current CAPCO program.
Please note: If Program Three is authorized by the legislature in 2009, the forms listed below will be revised and the Comptroller will begin to take applications within the time frame designated by the new statute.
Included below are the forms used in the Program One and Program Two application process. All forms below are PDF files. If you do not already have Adobe Acrobat Reader, you will need to download the latest version to view, fill, and print the forms.
- AP-213 Application for Certification as a Certified Capital Company
- AP-214 Certified Capital Company Application Requesting Allocation of Tax Credits
- 25-111 Certified Capital Company Certified Copy of a Resolution
- 25-112 Certified Capital Company Agreement to Notify Office
- 25-113 Certified Capital Company Authorization to Investigate
- 25-114 Certified Capital Company Voting Interest List
- 25-115 Certified Capital Company Biographical Affidavit
- 25-116 Certified Capital Company Affidavit of Individuals
- 25-117 Program I - Certified Investor Annual Notification of Credit Transfer
- 25-120 Program II - Certified Investor Annual Notification of Credit Transfer
- 25-118 Program I - Certified Investor Tax Credit Transfer Affidavit
- 25-121 Program II - Certified Investor Tax Credit Transfer Affidavit
- 25-308 Instructions for Application for Certification as a Certified Capital Company